Saturday 24 May 2014

Presenting with PowerPoint and Prezi

There are so many developing and engaging programs and software available to create presentations that it can be easy to spend many hours exploring these tools. The variety of presentation modes is quite staggering and there always seems to be a new tool being developed. As the students that I teach are part of the digital native generation, it is wise to employ some of these tools to ensure that we are providing engaging and relevant tools. I have used Prezi to create a presentation to provide and overview of learning in Project 600.


SlideDog looks like another versatile presentation software and I plan on exploring this further for its benefit of being able to import a wide range of file formats without having to reformat in slides.


After reading the module document on PowerPoint, I decided to explore its features in more detail as I was already very familiar with this software and wanted to investigate what else was possible with this software that all schools have ready access to. The feature that I had not used previously was the ability to create interactive presentations. I was very impressed with using this feature and can imagine a lot more ways that PowerPoint can be employed by both teachers and students. I was able to create an interactive multiple choice quiz and have embedded it below using Authorstream. Click directly on the slide to ensure that the interactivity works as designed.

PowerPoint should not be disregarded as an outdated presentation software. It provides many features that enables it to be used in many different ways and is continually being updated. 

Thylacine Quiz

More PowerPoint presentations from Kylie Joyce

On another point, I was relieved that Authorstream maintains the multimedia and interactivity features of PowerPoint so that it is possible to embed these presentations without losing these features. I used SlideShare to embed my affordances analysis table as this was used for my previous table.

No comments:

Post a Comment